Attend the largest annual gathering of Maryland Sierra Club volunteers on Monday, February 25, 2019 as we descend upon Annapolis to bring the voice of constituents to our legislators' offices. Our legislative agenda this year packs a punch because we know just how important this moment in time is to create real, tangible change to better protect and preserve our environment. You will get to personally lobby your elected officials -- it is one of the most powerful actions you take to make positive change for our environment!What:
Sierra Club Annual Lobby NightWhere:
Miller Senate Office Building, Annapolis, Maryland (the same room as the previous two years)When:
Monday, February 25, 2019, 4:00 pm program start time (we encourage you to get there a little earlier for parking purposes)Who:
Sierra Club volunteers and you!
This year we will be lobbying to:
- Get Maryland on the pathway to 100% clean energy
- Move our state beyond coal in a responsible way
- Ban foam food containers to combat our severe plastics pollution problems
- Protect our waterways from the dangers of fracked gas pipelines, and
- Tell the state YES to clean transportation and NO to highway expansion
The great thing about this event is that we set everything up for you! Sierra Club takes responsibility for setting up the meeting times with your legislators, we just need you to show up with your passion and desire to make a difference. You will attend the meeting with fellow members of your district, so be sure to invite your neighbors and friends!
Lobby Night Agenda
- Registration Opens 3pm
- Kickoff & speakers - 4pm
- District Team Break-Outs ~4:45-5:15pm
- Lobby Meetings - 5-8pm
- Green Drinks at Galway Bay
ANNOUNCEMENTS - Full Logistics here
- We need District Captains! We are looking for folks who are interested in being District Captains. Click here for a description of the District Captain role. District Captains are the heart and soul of Lobby Night - these leaders help organize and lead constituent teams from their districts to meetings and are pre-trained on lobbying techniques and our priority issues. Are you interested? Being a District Captain will involve an extra two or three hours of your time, but no specific expertise.This will be a simple way to make a special contribution to the success of Lobby Night. If you are interested in being district captain, please fill out this form here.
- We need every individual to RSVP through our system! If you plan on bringing someone with you, please make sure they fill out the registration too!
- Day-of Parking Info. Make sure to arrive early in order to account for parking and getting through security. Remember to bring your Photo ID to get into the building through security! Common parking spots are in the stadium off Rowe boulevard (turn right off Rowe Blvd onto Taylor Ave., pass the stadium on the right and turn right into the parking entrance) which costs $5 for parking and $2 each way for the shuttle or in the garage at Gotts Court Parking Garage Near the Visitors' Center at 250 Northwest Street right after Rowe veers off the to the right before turning into Bladen Street. A full list of parking garages in the area can be found Here.
- Training- Please see a recorded webinar recording for information about the event. Our next training will be on Thursday, February 21st at 7:00 PM at the Sierra Club College Park Office 7338 Baltimore Ave Suite 102, College Park.
- CARPOOL - If you would like to carpool, need a ride, or have extra space in your car please sign up on our carpool link here!
- Transit service to Annapolis. 921 bus (Prince George's County to Annapolis- last stop at 7:20) ($7 per trip) . Other commuter bus information.
For accommodation requests please contact Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org.Accessibility information here.